Ravali Kruthiventi (Work Log)
06/2016 - Worked on:
- Setting up wiki, including
- coloring the wiki links, headers, etc
- Adding access limitations, confirmation queues - access rules
- adding extensions that everyone needed
- Setting up a database for merging our patent data from the Harvard dataverse and the patent data that the McNair Center collected from 2010 - 2015
- Setting up tables as needed for other projects
- Worked on the test blog site to see how Wordpress can be messed with.
07/2016 - Worked on:
- Setting up the assignees data from the USPTO into a database into tables that Amir and Marcela can use.
- worked on cleaning up the patent data and databases (renaming, typecasting, etc)
- Currently working on the blog.
07/14/2016 - Worked on the blog header 07/15/2016 - Worked on and created my research plan, added html to header. The blocks are now there, they require styling to deal with mobile interfaces.
07/18/2016 - Blog
- Tried to add two posts per category - this seems to require the creation of a new widget\layout. Abandoning as it is likely to take too much time.
- Possible future revisit
- Determined how to add custom widgets to the sidebar - was able to add a basic box to the sidebar
07/19/2016 - Blog
- Added custom widgets to the sidebar of the blog
- Changed the fonts, separators, footers.
- Added social media links to the header, rather than the footer (default wordpress location is the footer)
07/20/2016 - Blog
- Had a quick review of the blog, and uncovered some issues that are apparent on other screen resolutions. Worked on spacing issues on the blog. EOD Update - some spacing issues exist. Will be inserting a table into the header to make the spacing better.
- Brainstormed changes to uspto assignees data. Will begin work on removing the duplicates tomorrow.
07/21/2016 - Blog, Assignees Data, LinkedIn Account Creation
- Worked on removing duplicates from the assignees data.
- Working on wrapping issues
- Fix spacing, insert table into header for lower screen resolutions
- Set up account for Dylan
- Get sample content and uploads from Dylan
- Fix header colors and patterns
- Get logo up
- Set up links to Baker and the McNair Center
- Tie it all up together