NBER Patent Data
|NBER Patent Data
|Iain Cockburn,Ed Egan
|National Bureau of Economic Research
|Geocoding Inventor Locations
|2007-2009 Academic Year
|Copyright © 2019 edegan.com. All Rights Reserved.
The NBER (National Bureau of Economic Research) Patent Data Project is an ongoing effort to update, maintain and enhance the NBER Patent Data, which provides academic datasets on patent filings in the U.S. The official NBER Patent Data website is the primary source of information.
NBER Patent Data Releases
- The "original" 1963-1999 release of the patent data, with citations from 1975-1999, is available from the NBER website
- The 1963-2002 update, with citations from 1975, to the NBER patent data is available from Bronwyn Hall's patent pages
- The 1963-2006 update is available from the Patent Data Project (PDP) homepage, as is an enhanced COMPUSTAT assignee match table. Citations data for 1975-2006, and the issue data, is available from Bronwyn Hall's 2006 update page.
- A 2008 release is currently planned by Iain Cockburn
Work on the 2008 Patent Data Release
The work on the 2008 patent data release includes:
- The NBER data considers only Utility Patents
- Various USPTO resources are available to help understand patent classifications
If you have an account with the NBER then you might want to view the NBER Account Setup page