Talk:Augusta Startup Ecosystem
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Instructions: Start with date, (name): time - then follow with you work update, what is finished, and what isn't finished / what is left to be completed
- Put your update at the top so the most recent updates are most visible
Oct. 5 (Joe): 9:15-12pm
- Sourced all information on each powerpoint slide: see http://mcnair.bakerinstitute.org/wiki/Augusta_Startup_Ecosystem#Powerpoint_sources_.5Bsourced_by_slide.5D.
- created pivot tables verifying that data on "Grants and contracts can provide funding to nascent businesses" was for the city of Augusta, not Augusta University.
Oct. 4 (Tay):9:30-12pm
- Looked over powerpoint progress
- Looked into Columbia County Economic Development Authority (see Ben's comment below), talked to Anne and looked into Richmond County Development Authority instead
- Research on tax breaks, designated development areas. All on wiki page under DART tab
- Investigated Georgia's Cyber Innovation and Training Lab
Oct. 3 (Ben):2-5pm
- Added File of what startups exist in Augusta E:\McNair\Projects\Innovation Districts\Augusta Startup Ecosystem\Augusta Startups AngelList.txt
- Added Filter File on Ecosystem rankings E:\McNair\Projects\Innovation Districts\Augusta Startup Ecosystem\GA cities from Ecosystem Rankings.xlsx
- Looked into city budget for City of Augusta (it's completely unremarkable)
- Began research on Deke Copenhaver
- Still need to look into Columbia County Economic Development Authority
Oct. 3 (Joe): 9:30am-12pm; 4-5:15 pm: all work done on Augusta Startup Ecosystem
- Added sections:
- Augusta Incubators section: added Clubhou.se, with a list of corporate sponsors. If info if I could find any on how they supported clubhou.se.
- Augusta Innovation Zone
- UNISYS presecne
- Booz Allen Hamilton presence
- On powerpoint, added slide on Clubhouse.se & Augusta Innovation Zone. Saved as Augusta_Innovation_District_10.03 in E:\McNair\Projects\Innovation Districts\Augusta Startup Ecosystem.
Oct. 2 (Ben): 2-4pm Updated Silicon Valley stats in the powerpoint using numbers from Accelerator project, Relevant VC Data (Tay's VC file), and mining from AngelList
- Couldn't find the number of Hubs but I know McNair has the info somewhere
- Began looking for Corporate headquarters / branches outside of just looking in compustat, by looking at donors to arts programs like the Augusta Ballet