|Has title||Lex Machina|
|Has owner||Amir Kazempour|
|Has start date|
|Has deadline date|
|Has project status||Tabled|
|Has sponsor||McNair Center|
|Has project output||Data|
|Copyright © 2019 edegan.com. All Rights Reserved.|
Return to Patent Data (Wiki Page).
Procedure for exporting data using the available tools on LexMachina
- Select "Cases" tab
- Filter: Case Types: Patent (56,941 selections From 2000-01-01 To 07/05/2016)
- Click on "Customize Columns"
- Once the columns are selected click on "Export this page" on the top right corner and then on XLS.
Variables of interest
For each patent case litigated in a district court from 2000-01-01 to now, we would like to have the following variables:
- Civil Action Number: alphanumeric value
- Filing on Date
- Trial Date
- Termination Date
- Patent number
- Case Resolution
- Patent findings
Moreover, the following variables might be useful but not as crucial as the ones listed above.
- Number of Docket Entries: May be useful as an indicator of activity
- Remedies: Binary indicator of "Permanent Injunction"
- Third Party: Binary Indicator
- Plaintiff's Law Firm
- Defendant's Law Firm
- Patent Invalidity Reason: It would be possible to check entries for individuals on the website.