How to Search for Bills using govtrack.us
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Open the following page: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse
- Type "entrepreneurship" or key words related to entrepreneurship in the search bar.
- For each individual bill listed, click on the bill and open the bill's overview page, i.e. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s1137
- On the wiki page, record the bill number "S. 1137", the bill title "PATENT Act", and prognosis "36% chance of being enacted".
- If there is "See Instead" under the prognosis indication, there is another bill with this same title introduced to Congress. The two bills contain the same content (for the several bills I have checked). Record the prognosis of the related bill.
- On the bill overview page, under the "A Bill/"An Act" tab, there should be an option to view the summary of the bill. Read over the summary and interpret a high level conclusion onto the wikipedia page.
On the bill page:
Title and bill number:
<title>PATENT Act (S. 1137) - GovTrack.us</title>
Chance of being enacted:
36% chance of being enacted
On the bill text page: Summary: <p class="official-title">To amend title 35, United States Code, and the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act to make improvements and technical corrections, and for other purposes.