Donald Trump, born June 14, 1946 in Queens, New York City, is a real estate mogul and leading Republican nominee for the 2016 Presidential election. Prior to campaigning for the presidency, Trump hosted a television show The Apprentice (later known as The Celebrity Apprentice), and owned parts or the total of several beauty pageants, including Miss Universe. He attended Fordham University for two years before transferring to the University of Pennsylvania for a bachelor's of science in economics.
Although he has switched political parties several times throughout his life, even campaigning as a Reform Party candidate in 2000,  he most recently identifies with the Republican party and has signed an agreement promising not to run as an Independent should he not be chosen as the Republican nominee. 
- 1 Tax Reform
- 2 Jobs and Business Policy
- 3 Health Policy
- 4 Drug Policy
- 5 Middle East
- 6 Trade
- 7 Immigration
- 8 Environmental
- 9 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 10 Monetary Policy
- 11 Religion
- 12 Legend
- 13 Quotes
- Tax relief for middle-class Americans
- Simplify the tax code
- Grow the American economy
- Don't add to Debt or Deficit
- An individual filing single that has earned less than $25,000 will not pay any income tax. DTW-TR
- An individual filing head of household that has earned less than $37,500 will not pay any income tax. DTW-TR
- Couple married filing jointly that have earned less than $50,000 will not pay any income tax. DTW-TR
- Eliminate the marriage penalty DTW-TR
- Eliminate Alternative Minimum Tax DTW-TR
|Income Tax Rate||Long Term Cap Gains/ Dividends Rate||Single Filers||Married Filers||Heads of Household|
|0%||0%||$0 - $25,000||$0 - $50,000||$0 - $37,500|
|10%||0%||$25,001 - $50,000||$50,001 - $100,000||$37,501 - $75,000|
|20%||15%||$50,001 - $150,000||$100,001 - $300,000||$75,001 - $225,000|
- Corporate tax rate reduced to 15%, regardless of business size. DTW-TR Current rate hovers ~39.1%
- Companies are required to bring their funds back from overseas accounts and pay a 10% tax on those funds. Funds used for overseas operating activities are exempt. DTW-TR
Funding for Tax Cuts
Trump pledges to propose alternative ways to keep revenue stable whilst reducing taxes. DTW-TR
- Eliminate loopholes and deductions for the very rich. Steepening the curve of the Personal Exemption Phaseout and the Pease Limitation on itemized deductions.DTW-TR
- 10% repatriation tax for corporate funds located overseas. DTW-TR
- End the deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad. DTW-TR
- Phase in a "reasonable cap" on the deductibility of business interest expenses. DTW-TR
Jobs and Business Policy
- “I have created tens of thousands of jobs" (RD3)
- "I'll bring back our jobs from China, from Mexico, from Japan, from so many places. I'll bring back our jobs, and I'll bring back our money." (The International Economy)
- Claimed that the real unemployment rate is 42%(DTI)
- Tariffs on Mexico and China
- Tax Chinese goods by 45% (DTI)
- Increase Infrastructure Spending
- "The only one to fix the infrastructure of our country is me - roads, airports, bridges. I know how to build, pols only know how to talk!" (DTT)
Trump has flipped between pro-choice and pro-life. Now considers himself pro-life. (DTS)
- "I support the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act and urge Congress to pass this bill. A ban on elective abortions after 20 weeks will protect unborn children. We should not be one of seven countries that allows elective abortions after 20 weeks. It goes against our core values." (DTI)
Trump has stated he does not drink, smoke, or use drugs.(DTI)
- Opposed marijuana legalization (DTS)
- In favor of medical marijuana (DTS)
- Believes in states' rights to decide whether to have marijuana or not (DTS)
"I would bring back waterboarding and I'd bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding."(RD-8)
- "I was totally against the war in Iraq and I was from the beginning, 2003, 2004 because you're going to destabilize the Middle East and I was right and should be given credit. Because that of everybody running, I'm the one person that said don't do it." (DTI)
- "If Iran was a stock you should go out and buy it, cause you'll quadruple." (RD1)
- Renegotiate Iran Nuclear Deal - Increase Sanctions & Ask for Prisoners Back
- "I've never seen something so incompetently negotiated -- and I mean never" - September 2015 Tea Party Rally (DTS)
- "“I think the deal is horrible,” Mr. Trump told Fox Business Network. “I think the deal is absolutely horrible for us, but it’s really, really bad for Israel.”" (DTI)
- "The billionaire businessman said American negotiators should have began the process by insisting on getting the prisoners back. He said Iran would have refused, but afterward, “you double and triple up your sanctions” and it would change Iran’s tune."(DTI)
- US Prisoners in Iran
- "Let Syria and ISIS fight. Why do we care? Let ISIS and Syria fight. And let Russia, they're in Syria already, let them fight ISIS." (DTI)
- Officially declare China as a currency manipulator (DTW)
- "Economists estimate the Chinese yuan is undervalued by anywhere from 15% to 40%" (DTW)
- Force China to uphold IP laws. (DTW)
- End China’s illegal export subsidies and lax labor and environmental standards (DTW)
- Lower corporate tax rate (to 15%, listed in Tax section) (DTW)
- Bolstering U.S. military presence in East and South China Seas (DTW)
- "But the worst of China's sins...is the wanton manipulation of China's currency, robbing Americans of billions of dollars of capital and millions of jobs." (The International Economy)
- "Economists estimate that the yuan is undervalued anywhere from 15 percent to 40 percent. Through manipulation of the yuan, the Chinese government has been able to tip the trade balance in their direction by imposing a de facto tariff on all imported goods." (The International Economy)
- "On day one of a Trump administration, the U.S. Treasury Department will designate China a currency manipulator." (The International Economy)
"Why are we striking trade agreements with countries we already have agreements with? Why is there no effort to make sure we have fair trade instead of ‘free’ trade that isn’t free to Americans?" (BB)
FiveThirtyEight did a good job gathering a lot of immigration data mentioned by Trump and then explaining it. Read it here.
- Deport nearly 12 million illegal immigrants. (DTS)
- Illegal Immigrants lead to higher crime in the country. (DTI)
- " You look at your gov -- you look at Baltimore, you look at Ferguson, you look at lot of these places, a lot of these gangs -- and the most vicious -- are illegals. They're out of here. First day, I will send them people -- we. Those guys are out of here." (DTS)
- "Well, it's costing us $130 billion a year and that's peanuts compared to what the real cost is, George, for the way we have it now." (DTI)
- "We need to build a wall, and it has to be built quickly. And I don't mind having a big beautiful door in that wall so that people can come into this country legally." (RD1)
- "Our leaders are stupid, our politicians are stupid and the Mexican government is much smarter." (RD1)
- Mexico must pay for a wall along US-Mexico border(DTS). Until they do, United States will enact the following policy measures (DTW):
- Impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages (DTW)
- Increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them) (DTW)
- Increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays) (DTW)
- Increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays) (DTW)
- Increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico (Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options) (DTW)
- Wall estimated to cost ~$20 billion 
- Triple the number of ICE officers (DTW)
- Nationwide e-verify (DTW)
- Mandatory return of all criminal aliens (DTW)
- Defund sanctuary cities (cities not following federal law on immigration) (DTW)
- End birthright citizenship (DTW)
- Increase wage for H-1B Visas (DTW)
- Trump argues low wages of immigrants for STEM-related careers displace domestic workers and minority workers in STEM fields. (DTW)
- Require American companies to hire domestic workers first [yes, but how?] (DTW)
- Trump proposes a waiting period of no new green cards being issued to foreign workers so that American corporations will hire domestic labor. (DTW)
- Reduce funding to refugee programs. (DTW)
- Spend that money on at-risk inner-city youth instead. (DTW)
- Urges for a "complete and total shutdown" of Muslims entering the United States, in response to Paris bombings.(DTS)
- “When you have people that are cutting Christians’ heads off, when you have a world, at the border and in so many places … that it’s medieval times … We don’t have time for tone. We have to go out and get the job done.” (RD1)
- "This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bullshit has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice" - (2014) (DTT)
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Tweets directed to Entrepreneurs
- There's nothing wrong with bringing your talents to the surface. Having an ego and acknowledging it is a healthy choice. (Forbes)
- Learn to trust yourself. Being an entrepreneur is not a group effort.
- Look at the solution, not the problem. Learn to focus on what will give results.
- Identify your goals, know precisely what you want to achieve. Then study the best people in your field and learn from them.
- Keep the big picture in mind. There are always opportunites and possibilities & thinking too small can negate a lot of them.
"The Federal Reserve -- right now, in this world, the way we built it up -- probably has more of an impact than almost any other position, other than the couple of biggies"(HP)
Donald Trump said in an interview with the hill that the reason the federal reserve is keeping the interest rate down is because "Obama doesn’t want to have a recession-slash-depression during his administration.” (IBT). He made that claim again during a news conference saying that "They are not raising them because Obama has asked them not to raise them" (HNGN)
Separation of Church and State
In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network, billionaire Donald Trump suggested he would ignore the First Amendment tenets of separation of church and state ands favor Christians over all other people.
"The Christians are being treated horribly because we have nobody to represent the Christians," Trump told CBN's David Brody. "Believe me, if I run and I win, I will be the greatest representative of the Christians they've had in a long time."
Trump's Call for a ban on Muslims has also been called un-American and violating the principles of separation of church and state. Trump has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S. CNN
"Great surveillance and vigilance must be adhered to," said Trump in an additional statement Lewandowski provided to CNN. "We want to be very fair but too many bad things are happening and the percentage of true hatred is too great. People that are looking to destroy our country must be reported and turned in by the good people who love our country and want America to be great again." CNN
Trump has often used pro-Israel rhetoric.
He called Israel America’s best and most reliable friend, and argued that it should be viewed as the cornerstone of US policy in the Middle East. He has accused Obama and US Secretary of State John Kerry of “selling Israel out,” and said that the US should do everything possible to protect and defend it. “They’ve always been there for us and we should be there for them,” he declared.
“They are the only stable democracy in a region that is not run by dictators. They are pioneers in medicine and communication and a close fair trading partner.” And, like his father, he said, he had always been loyal to Israel and “would do more for Israel than anybody else.” The Jerusalem Post
Prime Minster Netanyahu Condemns Trump's Ban on Muslims
Donald Trump said that he was postponing his trip to Israel, just a day after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned his proposal to ban U.S. travel for all Muslims.
"Prime Minister Netanyahu rejects Donald Trump's recent remarks about Muslims," according to a statement issued by the prime minister's office.
"The State of Israel respects all religions and strictly guarantees the rights of all its citizens. At the same time, Israel is fighting against militant Islam that targets Muslims, Christians and Jews alike and threatens the entire world," the statement said. CNN
"I have decided to postpone my trip to Israel and to schedule my meeting with @Netanyahu at a later date after I become President of the U.S.," Trump tweeted. CNN
"He did, and that was sort of interesting. He modestly condemned them, and I thought it was sort of inappropriate that he condemned them, but that's OK. He wanted to condemn them, that's what he does. OK? But we have a problem," Trump said. "I'm not looking to be politically correct. I'm doing this to do the right thing. This and other things. When I say this -- I'm running to do the right thing. I'm doing the right thing. Our country has a problem. People are in fear. They're waiting for the next attack." CNN
Persecution of Christians in other Countries
In the CBN interview, Brody also asked Trump about his message to conservative Christians.
"What is your message to them on religious liberty and on religious freedom?," Brody queried.
"Well, it’s a very big message," Trump, who turns 69 next month, in his usual manner, responded. "As you know, I am Protestant. I am Presbyterian. Most people don’t know that. They have no idea. I’m proud of it. I’m very proud of it."
The Tea Party Republican was speaking primarily about the Middle East, and falsely claimed that Middle Eastern "Christians can't come into this country."
"One of the things I learned this weekend being in Iowa," Trump said, "I met with a lot of national security experts and everything else, that if you're a Christian living in Syria you can't come into this country. Yet, if you are a Muslim living in Syria, who are not under attack, they can come in."
Trump's Ban on Muslim Entry into U.S.
In a written statement late Monday afternoon, the Trump campaign said the Republican frontrunner wanted a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.” As backing, Trump cited a controversial six-month-old survey from the right-wing Center for Security Policy finding that one-quarter of U.S. Muslim respondents believed that violence against Americans was justified as part of global jihad and that a slim majority “agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah.”
QUOTES FROM TRUMP ON BAN
- "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life." Atlantic
- "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine."Atlantic
- ""Again, my relationship with the Muslim community is excellent. I've had people call me at the highest level saying, 'You're doing us a favor' because they know they have a problem very well. They really know they have a problem," he said. Interview with Jake Tapper
- DTI - Donald Trump Interview
- DTS - Donald Trump Speech
- DTT - Donald Trump Twitter
- DTW - Donald Trump Website
- RD* - Republican Debate Number *
- "I look at all of the polls, I do very, very well against Hillary Clinton. I can tell you, I’m the last person that she wants to run against." RD8
- "I’m the only one up here, when the war of Iraq — in Iraq, I was the one that said, “Don’t go, don’t do it, you’re going to destabilize the Middle East." RD8
- "I would bring back waterboarding and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding." RD8
Jobs and Business Policy
- "You wouldn’t have the Keystone pipeline that you want so badly without eminent domain...you wouldn’t have massive factories without eminent domain." RD8
- On Making Deals: "You have to get people in, grab them, hug them, kiss them, and get the deal done. But, it’s got to be the deal that you want." RD8
- "I’m the first person that said, “Build a wall.” But I mean, a real wall, not a toy wall like they have right now. A real wall. And you’ll solve lots of problems." RD8
- "As far as single payer, it works in Canada. It works incredibly well in Scotland. It could have worked in a different age, which is the age you're talking about here." RD1
- "These lenders aren't babies. These are total killers. These are not the nice, sweet little people that you think, OK?" RD1
- On approval of medical marijuana: "I think medical marijuana: 100% percent" DTS