|Has title||VentureXpert Database|
|Has start date|
|Has deadline date|
|Has project status||Active|
|Dependent(s):||Ecosystem Organization Classifier|
|Copyright © 2019 edegan.com. All Rights Reserved.|
The purpose of this project is to create a new, updated database of venture capital deals, portfolio companies, funds and firms, including information on exits, executives, and other events and entities, called vcdb4. The old VentureXpert Data project created the database vcdb3. Data is retrieved using SDC Platinum, for which we have a license.
Updating data from vcdb4
Using the Researcher RDP account:
- Go to: E:\mcnair\Projects\VentureXpert Database\vcdb3\ and copy all necessary files (for each of them, download the txt, the ssh and the rpt file) to E:\projects\vcdb4.
- Open SDC Platinum, input the initial, and create a project description.
- Open the ssh file in SDC Platinum and save it as a new file for updating (do not overwrite the old file).
- Right-click on the line with the date, and modify to the most current date.
- Delete the line that generates the report.
- Click the Report tab on top to generate a Custom Report. Refer to the txt document of the pre-upload session for the metrics that need to be collected.
- Click OK, OK and then No in response to the window that pops up.
- A window should now pop up with the option "Save As". Use that option to save the report as a txt file in the same vcdb4 folder.
- Click Execute to generate a rpt file and a txt file for the now-updated session in the vcdb4 folder. This will take some time. Exit the session when it was done (make sure it is saved).
- Go to the vcdb4 folder, open the txt file, scroll down to the bottom to delete the footer. Save the footer-less txt document as a new file.
- Move everything related to the updated session (ssh, rpt, txt, txt with no footer) to the updated file (all current updated files are in there).