You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: Users, team.
These baseline attributes are defined so that incubators can be separated from non-incubators, and high-growth tech incubators can be separated from other types of incubators. In order for that classification to work, the first question we had to answer was, what is an incubator ([[Defining Incubators]]). Using this definition, we were able to curate a list of variables to capture key features of an incubator (listed below). We wanted to be able to collect the data using web-scraping methods. The attributes are numeric, yes/no, or categorical.
==Characteristics Generally Used to Differentiate an Incubator from an Accelerator==
#''Duration:'' Startups at an incubator generally do not all stay for the same fixed duration; Incubator does not have a fixed graduation date for its startups or has a program that lasts longer than one year
#''Investment:'' Incubator does not invest directly in the company or take equity in its startups
#''Cohorts:'' Incubator does not have limited-duration programs that ventures enter and exit in groups, known as cohorts or batches.[https://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1162/INOV_a_00184/ 1]
#''Application Process:'' Generally has a less selective, competitive admissions process than an accelerator
[[:Incubator Definition Based on a Review of Definitions in the Literature]]
[[:Accelerator Definition Based on a Review of Definitions in the Literature]]
[[:Hub Definition Based on a Review of Definitions in the Literature]]
==Working List of Attributes==
* Is there a set timeline?
* Is there a cap on duration?
* If so, how long? (value in weeks, 0 indicates no set timeline)
* What is their affiliation? (options: academic, government, corporate)
* Are they a non-profit organization?
* Do they receive equity from companies?
* If so, how much equity? (0-100, 0 indicating no equity received)
* Do companies pay membership fees to participate?
* What services do they provide? (eg. bank loans, legal counsel, office space, management training)
'''Type of Company Incubated'''
* What stage do they interact with a company?
* What industry are the companies that they interact with in?
* Are companies that they've interacted with mainly for-profit?
* Have companies that they've interacted with received VC-backing at some point?
* Do they have child hubs?
* How many employees do they have?
* When was the company founded?
* What city are they located in?
* What state are they located in?
This is a minor edit
Watch this page