|Has title||Houston Entrepreneurship|
|Has owner||Ben Baldazo, Dylan Dickens|
|Has start date||January 2016|
|Has deadline date|
|Has keywords||Hubs, Incubators, Accelerators, Houston, Venture, Capital, Angel, Investor, Startups, Crowding-out, Social-Media|
|Has project status||Subsume|
|Does subsume||Houston Accelerators (issue brief), Houston Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Project, Start-Up Guide (Issue Brief), Start-Ups of Houston (Map), Houston Accelerators and Incubators (Report), VC Report Houston 2017, Houston Economic Data|
|Subsumed by:||Houston Innovation District|
|Has sponsor||McNair Center|
|Has project output||Content|
|Copyright © 2019 edegan.com. All Rights Reserved.|
Houston has vast opportunities and resources for an entrepreneurial mindset to take advantage of: extensive networks of philanthropists, the medical center, and oil money, just to name a few. This page is dedicated to diagraming what Houston has to show for this.
The current write up of the Houston Accelerator issue brief is here: https://docs.google.com/a/rice.edu/document/d/1RwXuZmB6gKxgOlyoco0dTigIZ0xf185dwDgLZnVTvgY/edit?usp=sharing_eip&ts=58a4c002
- Houston Accelerators (issue brief)
- Houston Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Project
- Entrepreneurship Ecosystems of Houston (Issue Brief)
- Start-Ups of Houston (Map)
- Houston Accelerators and Incubators (Report)
VC In Houston
- For some VC data see Houston Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Project
- www.crunchbase.com - we have a pro account firstname.lastname@example.org amount
Files are in:
For Small Business: Guide to Small Business in Houston
Preliminary Artifacts Location
'E:\McNair\Projects\Houston\Acc Rank (IB)\Charts.xlsx'
E:\McNair\Projects\Houston\Startup Source Files\Startups\HSM11.xlsx
- Either above will work.
- Sources are listed in file E:\McNair\Projects\Houston\Startup Source Files\Startups\HSMPriority.xlsx
- This sheet explains in which order I pulled the information into the spreadsheet (and consequently the sources I pulled from)
- I've also added a subjective measure from 1 to 3 of how valuable I think the data is.
- In case you're lazy here are the names:
- Side Note: there are notes in the database drive under Z:\Bulk\Houston\HoustonSQLNotes.txt
- Or there's also the code in Z:\Bulk\Houston\Houston.sql
|AngelList||500||https://angel.co/||Under Houston and Startups Filters|
|StartupBlinkMap||379||http://www.startupblink.com/||Within Houston Area|
|Startups-Accelerators||292||From Accelerators Websites|
|SDC VC Houston Port Cos||493||Pulled from Thomson Reuters SDC Venture Data||Pull was from Venture Data in Houston MSA|
|CrunchBase||116||https://www.crunchbase.com||Under Houston. Not much data could be pulled in mass|
|StartHouston||27||http://www.starthouston.com/people/startups/||This should possibly have been included in Startups-Accelerators but it was a late addition|
|VeeralURL||Updated 27||E:\McNair\Software\Scripts\Gscript2.py||Used a program that looked for additional websites on google|
|HSMWhoIsParser||Updated anything with a website||E:\McNair\Projects\Houston\WhoIsParser\WhoIsParser.pl||Program that mines website registration|
|PortCoToVC||Updated all entries from the VC pull||E:\McNair\Projects\Houston\Startup Source Files\Startups\PortCoToVC.txt||SDC Pull that shows which VC firms invested in a Company|
Firms in Houston: File:SDCVentureHoustonList.txt
'E:\McNair\Projects\Houston\Startup Source Files\Venture'
Most of these (if not all) are from SDC pulls.
Code Held in:
Notation of all tables and a few other documentations held:
- Look here to see if a table has already been made or if there's a newer version of a certain table