Jones Graduate School Entrepreneurs Organization
The Jones Graduate School Entrepreneurs Organization (JGSEO) is a member organization of the Jones Graduate School of Business alumni and Rice University Alumni. JGSEO's goal is to teach graduates how to manage, grow, and network their business ventures. The JGSEO system mirrors peer-to-peer groups such as the Young Presidents Organization and The Entrepreneurs Organization. JGSEO facilitates the bringing together of Jones Business School alumni to help them achieve their entrepreneurial goals. This includes social events, education based presentations, industry panels, business plan competitions, access to CEO Round Tables and the Rice-owned Business Directory.
Become a member
- Open to Jones Business School students and alumni
- Annual dues are $150 for a subscription period lasting from July 1 of the current year to June 30 of the next year.
- Apply here
Based on ABC's popular television show "Shark Tank", Owl Tank is designed to give students a chance to present their business pitches to an audience of business leaders. Owl Tank differs from Rice Business Plan Competition in that its focus on “small” ideas—those that don’t require a patent or millions of dollars in funding. For more information, see Owl Tank's website.
Current board members
- President: Taneshia Barton ‘10, Founder & CEO BlackBoxx
- Owl Tank Chair: Craig Ceccanti ’08, Co-founder and CEO Pinot’s Palette
- Events Chair: Emma Fauss ‘13, CEO Medical Informatics Corp.
- Membership Chair: Lauren Thompson '14, CEO and Co-Founder A-76 Technologies
- Roundtable Chair: Gita Kulkarni ‘05, President Avinta Services
For more detailed information, see JGSEO's Board website