Difference between revisions of "Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative"
Revision as of 18:49, 30 October 2015
- This page is referenced in Rice Entrepreneurship
The Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative, also known as Entrepreneurship@Rice and REI, is "a collaborative effort of students, professors, mentors and the Houston entrepreneur community to foster innovative entrepreneurial spirit and help launch successful ventures through education, guidance and connections".The initiative, launched in 2015, is led by Yael Hochberg, Head of Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative and the Ralph S. O'Connor Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship, and Abby Larson, Director of Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative .
Calendar of Events
The Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative maintains and updates a calendar of campus and city wide events relating to entrepreneurship.
- Yael Hochberg, Head of Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative and the Ralph S. O'Connor Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship
- Abby Larson, Director of Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative and Lecturer in Entrepreneurship
- Eric Floyd, Assistant Professor of Accounting
- Haiyang Li, Professor of Strategic Management and Innovation
- Doug Schuler, Associate Professor of Business and Public Policy
- Danielle Supkis-Cheek, Adjust Professor
- Al Danto, Lecturer in Management – Entrepreneurship & IT
- Michael Evans, Lecturer
- Aziz Gilani, Lecturer in Management
- Tom Kraft, Director Technology Ventures Development - Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Lecturer in Management
- Brad Burke, Managing Director
- Mary Lynn Fernau, Director of Marketing
- Lea Aden Lueck, Director of the Rice Business Plan Competition
- Quynhmai Nguyen, Director of Operations and Event Planning
- Noy Shemer, Program Specialist
- Kerri Smith, Associate Managing Director
- Kazimir Karwowski, Executive Director of the Rice Center for Engineering Leadership
- Amy Kavalewitz, Associate Director of the Rice Center for Engineering Leadership
- Maria Oden, Director, Oshman Engineering Design Kitchen
- Rebecca Richards-Kortum, Director, Rice 360°: Institute for Global Health Technologies, Director, Institute of Biosciences and Bioengineering
The Rice Entrepreneurship Initiative organized its first event on October 22-25, 2015, where students from Rice University and the University of Houston participated in the 3 Day Startup held at TMCx. Rice Launch collaborated with the REI.
Other events include:
- Rice Business Plan Competition, the "world's largest graduate-level student startup competition"
- Rice Undergraduate Elevator Pitch Competition, a 90-second product pitch contest supported by the Oshman Engineering Design Kitchen (OEDK), Rice Alliance, and Rice Center for Engineering Leadership (RCEL)
- Owl Open, a campus-wide business plan competition and qualifier for the Rice Business Plan Competition
- OwlSpark, a 12-week summer accelerator program
Entrepreneurship Clubs and Organizations
- Rice Launch
- Jones Graduate School of Business Entrepreneurship Club - Open to current Jones Business School students
- Rice Alliance
- Rice University Office of Tech Transfer, (OTT)
- Rice 360˚ Institute for Global Health
- Jones Graduate School Entrepreneurs Organization, (JGSEO) - Open to current and past Jones Business School students