Incubator Classifier - Formulate baseline attributes
|Incubator Classifier - Formulate baseline attributes|
|Has title||Formulate baseline attributes|
|Has owner||Anne Freeman|
|Has start date||2019/03/11|
|Has deadline date||2019/03/22|
|Has project status||Active|
|Copyright © 2019 edegan.com. All Rights Reserved.|
These baseline attributes are defined so that incubators, can be separated from non-incubators and high-growth tech incubators can be separated from other types of incubators. In order for that sort of classification to work, the first question we had to answer was, what is an incubator (Defining_Incubators). Using this definition, we were able to curate a list of variables to capture key features of an incubator. Some important attributes that can be useful to distinguish incubators are listed below.
- Is there a set timeline?
- If so, how long? (value in weeks, 0 indicates no set timeline)
- What type of support do they receive? (Options: academic, government, corporate)
- Are they a non-profit organization?
- Do they receive equity?
- If so how much? (0-100, 0 indicating no equity received)
- Do companies pay membership fees?
- What services do they provide? (eg. bank loans, legal counsel, office space, management training)
- What stage do they interact with a company?
- What industry are the companies that they interact with in?
- Do they have child hubs?
- How many employees do they have?
- When was the company founded