Hubs Scorecard (Academic Paper)
|Hubs Scorecard (Academic Paper)|
|Has project status|
|Copyright © 2016 edegan.com. All Rights Reserved.|
As of Spring 2016, a list of potential Hubs with a set of characteristics was created. Many of these are not what will be defined as Hubs. We will be creating a scorecard to help subjectively define Hubs based on certain characteristics.
Work in Progress
Our goal is to automate the collection of variables for potential hubs as much as possible. The key steps for the project are:
- Creating a comprehensive list of potential hubs (Complete)
E:\McNair\Projects\Hubs\Raw Program ListContains 600 entities - vast majority are firmly not hubs (file pedigree unknown)
E:\McNair\Projects\Hubs\Hubs Data- Contains 125 entities - many are not hubs (overlap with above file unknown, this file's pedigree from old Hubs project).
- Determining the best variables for the scorecard (Complete)
- Building "filters" for automating the collection (Complete)
- Running and auditing of the automation (In Progress)
- Collecting the remaining manual data (next step)
- For the current work in progress for building the Hubs datasheet for the scorecard go to: Hubs: Hubs Scorecard
- For a tracker of work in progress for the dataset building for the scorecard go to Hubs: Hubs Data Building
- For a high-level overview of the variables for the scorecard go to Hubs: Hubs Data
- For more information on Mechanical Turks in general, see Mechanical Turk (Tool).