Difference between revisions of "Help using LaTeX"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
[[Internal Classification::| ]]
Latest revision as of 14:43, 2 September 2016
LaTeX is a free and open-source computer-based typesetting program (actual a bundle of programs). It is used by economists, mathematicians, and others, as a result of its strengths in preparing and laying out formulae. It is not word-processing software, and there is no WYSIWYG editor (through LyX comes somewhat close and is recommended for beginners, or those looking for a painless install of TeX and LaTeX on Windows). A comparison of TeX editors is available from wikipedia.
The following resources are useful:
- A guide to TeX markup, specifically for wikis is available from wikipedia.
- The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List is available from CTAN (the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network).
- Game Theory styles for LaTeX developed by Martin Osborne.
- Note that I use egame.sty (rename the style file to lower case when downloaded), which has now been superseded by egameps.sty (which had rendering problems for me, but allows somewhat more functionality apparently).
- The LaTeX Wikibook
- Other semi-official documentation is available from the LaTeX Project Documentation page