2010 BPP Field Exam Materials compiled by Ed Egan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Date, Time and Rules
The exam will be:
- On Thursday the 24th June 2010 starting at 9am.
- 6 hrs long: 3hrs in the morning, 3hrs in the afternoon, and with a lunch break
- Open book
- Not blindly evaluated (c.f. the Finance program)
- Comprised of an unknown number of questions, set by the faculty who taught our cohort
- Compiled by Pablo Spiller and graded by Ernesto Dal Bo.
The 2nd year paper is a part of the exam:
- Due date is Thursday July 15th (implicitly midnight) - this was extended to the 24th July.
- The choice of topic must be vetted by a faculty member
- Students can suggest faculty to read (grade) their paper, but their suggestions are not binding
- The paper can use material developed for other purposes, as long as it is your original research
The following pages provide reference material by subject:
Course Paper Selections
The following is the 'final' short-list approved by faculty (except for Spiller, where the approved choices from the previous cohort were used instead):
The following papers were selected by Ed Egan and/or Pablo Hernandez as the core study material for each class examined in the Summer of 2010: